} -->

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Book Review

Is it possible that someone has missed Inspirations Magazine? I doubt it, but just in case, let me rave on about it for a sec. I love, love, love embroidery. Unfortunately, the kind I like takes lots, lots, lots of patience. So I drool over Inspirations.

At $16, this magazine is a bit out of my magazine price comfort zone, so I diligently scout the Joann's in my area waiting for the next issue to appear. When it appears, I swoop down and grab it, frantically looking for the 40% discount coupon I know I stuffed in my bag somewhere...

The most recent issue (Issue 61) has pics, patterns, and charts for the most amazing projects. The cover shows an embroidered bear that I'd be so proud to be able to display as my own *sigh*. Inside are more and just as beautiful projects: A tape measure cover that is anything but ordinary, A French Etui in linen with rose button made from clay includes matching projects for a pincushion and scissor fob, and a Botanical Stumpwork bluebell project. Ah...the time to sit and embroider...maybe after I'm old and have had cataract surgery...




No comments: